Monday, March 23, 2015

SFA Protect International Students -- PLAGIARISM & ACADEMIC INQUIRIES


PLAGIARISM & ACADEMIC INQUIRIES
Academic Misconduct of the Student
RE : CHARGES SHEET RECEIVED BY THE STUDENT 


Dear Ms.Kanchi

ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT - COMMITTEE OF ENQUIRY

It has been brought to the attention of the Superintendent of Examinations that there is a prima facie case of academic misconduct in regard to work submitted for the module Dissertation BUS737.

The allegation is that you have submitted work for the above module which contains a significant amount of work copied from various internet and other sources.

The Superintendent of Examinations has reviewed the work with the Programme Team and they have agreed that it constitutes a major offence as defined by the Academic Misconduct Procedure. In accordance with paragraph 5.3 of the procedure a Committee of Enquiry will be convened to consider the allegation. You will be advised of the date and venue of the hearing in due course.

I enclose a copy of the Academic Misconduct Procedure. Documentation pertaining to your case will be forwarded to you shortly. As this will be sent via email, I should be obliged if you would as a matter of urgency, confirm to me, the email address to which you wish to receive this information.

Please contact me if you have any queries relating to this matter.

Yours sincerely

Ms.Rice

SECRETARY TO THE COMMITTEE OF INQUIRY


STUDENT’S EXPLANATION TO US

After I passed my 1st step in my Masters degree I had to enrol with the University for my Dissertation. The enrolment date was 5th of Oct 2011. But that date I couldn't enrol for my dissertation because I had an outstanding balance to pay to university. But after 2 or 3 weeks I was able to pay my outstanding and enrolled with University to submit my dissertation in January. After my enrolment the University allocated a dissertation supervisor to me. My supervisor was Mrs Green which has a very bad reputation among all international students. Because I started late I really had a tough time. And my supervisor also keeps me pushing back. She always advised me to submit my work in May. By the time I realized that my supervisor really doesn’t want me to pass my dissertation this time. Because she was always commenting on my dissertation.

Appeal CEO forwarded in student’s name

Kanchi

2, XXXX ROAD,XXXXXXUNITED KINGDOM


THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR


Gladiator University

Dear Sir,
RE: APPEAL AGAINST THE ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT

I would like to tender my appeal for your kind perusal and as accordance to the procedure laid down in the ‘Academic Misconduct Procedure’ of the Gladiator University which was given to me with your decision.

MY GROUNDS OF APPEAL
  1. A.   Irregularities and Non Compliance in the conduct of the Academic Misconduct Procedure by the Committee of Inquiry.
  2. B.   Exceptional personal circumstances which were not    known to the Committee of Enquiry when my case was considered and which can be shown to be relevant to the academic misconduct inquiry.
  3. C.   Fair Opportunity was Not Given to prove my innocence.
         1. SUPPORTIVE FACTS TO PROVE THAT THE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED AND
        taken place in my inquiry…………………

        B.  MY HUMBLE APPLICATION

a.  I am confident that ……………….
b.  I am aware that, I am now coming out with a serious allegation…………………..
c.   If I get a chance to re sit or Re-Submit my Dissertation I am most happy to ………………..
d.   I love Gladiator and I do not want to spoil its great spirit ……...
e.   If there’s no avenue for you to consider this on special circumstances for an amicable settlement, ………………….
f.    You may consider my Grounds of Appeal and let me know the further steps in this regard.

 C.   a. I have been in this University over a year and keeping a Very Good record of attendance and having undisturbed student life.

b. All I want is to get my MSC Management ………..
c. If there’s a way, I want you to consider …………...

Thanking You,

Yours Faithfully,

Kanchi

GLADIATOR UNIVERSITY DECISION TO OFFER “PG MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA” CONSIDERING THE APPEAL SAVING THE STUDENT OF A COMPLETE EXCLUSION.

Dear Ms. Kanchi,

Academic Misconduct-Committeeof Enquiry-2ih April 2012

I am writing in order to advise you formally,on behal fo Gladiator University of the finding so if the Committee of Enquiry held on 27thApril,which consideredan allegation of academic misconductin regard to the work that you submitted forth emodule BUS737Dissertation.

The findin go fthe Committee of Enquiry was that the allegation ofacademic misconduct(vizparagraph2.3.1section(i)oftheUniversity's Academic Misconduct procedure)against you was substantiated.

TheCommitteeof Enquiry resolved unanimously that the penalty imposed should be asse to utunder Section 5.3.23 of the Gladiator University AcademicMisconduct Procedureparagraphs(i)and(iii):




1.The issue of a formal reprimand to the candidate,awritten record of which shall be kept.

2.The cancellation of the candidate's marks in whole for BUS737 with no opportunity to resubmit. You will,there fore,exit the MSc Management program but considering the Facts and materials you have brought up in the appeal papers, the University has decided to award you the Post Graduate Diploma in Management.

In accordance with the procedure,Iam conveying the above information tot he Chairof the Assessment Boardconcerned.

Yours sincerely

 Academic Registrar 

Gladiator University

No comments:

Post a Comment